Daily work and development of the Faculty of Applied Economics (FPE) at the University of Business Studies in Banja Luka are based on quality through applying world’s leading quality standards in education. According to this, quality is the core value in all aspects of our work, ways of thinking and orientation of our future.
The Faculty of Applied Economics began operating in 2005 with a clear mission and vision in creating educated staff directed towards the following fields: Management, Marketing of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises and Service Sector Management. The FPE is the faculty of education, scientific research and transfer of knowledge in the field of applied economics, organization, management of SMEs and complementary areas.
The mission is to implement scientific knowledge and research in the field of applied economics and other disciplines explored by the scientists of this faculty, which are implemented in the framework of international and national scientific and development projects that result applying in the teaching process and transfer of knowledge into practice; to carry out recognizable and accredited studies of Applied Economics, Computer Science, organization of the 1st and 2nd cycle of education and lifelong learning; to support, organize and carry out practical projects and direct the newly created knowledge towards the economy, public services and society.
- Competent teaching staff – leaders in their scientific and professional fields in the Republic of Srpska and Bosnia and Herzegovina, with national and international repute;
- Up-to-date references ensuring the highest level of quality in teaching, researches and transfer of knowledge into practical application;
- A pleasant environment for living (city on the river Vrbas with numerous historical and cultural values), and a prestigious place for studying;
- Rapid employment after graduation and a possibility of permanent further education;
- Adequate infrastructure serving to support the realization of basic activities at this faculty;
- Care for students and their standard
Three vital areas of the FPE:
- Scientific research;
- Knowledge transfer.
- Teaching is the most dominant activity at the FPE. The main characteristic of all study programs are optimally designed number of courses;
- A small divergence of educational orientations leads to a simple vertical harmonization of educational contents. This is particularly expressed between collegiums that make so-called theoretical bases towards collegiums that represent study expertise centres. For example, same joint programs in the first five semesters, but in the sixth semester a more narrow professional orientation. Additionally, it increases the number of collegiums;
- By far, most human resources are engaged in the teaching process; apart from this, they are active in scientific research work and direct transfer of knowledge into practice;
- A clear vision is set during the implementation of the Bologna process curriculum which directs towards the applicative scientific knowledge “To be the leading faculty in education and scientific research work particularly in the field of Marketing and Organizational Sciences that support development along with Information Technology. However, development involves other areas as well, increasing the number of study programs and dispersing educational programs;
- It is advisable to use case studies, both in teaching and research, which contributes to the quality of education. In the area of E-learning, the FPE will take recognizable leading position among the University of Business Studies as well as among other leading institutions and researches in the field;
Scientific work of the FPE is based on individual initiatives and projects whose contents and scientific objectives are strongly marked by the personality of a researcher. The future period will be enriched by the projects whose results, abstracted in professional articles and conference papers, will have stronger impact on all scientific and professional circles. Focusing on international cooperation, the FPE at the UPS has signed agreements on cooperation with many institutions. We particularly emphasize the importance of conferences and the journal entitled “Poslovne Studije”(“Business Studies”) for the possibility of publishing scientific papers of all FPE teachers. Regarding the questions of international cooperation, research and development, employees of the FPE, as scientific researchers, assistants and employees of other institutional departments of the UPS, represent the core development potential in the field of business systems and in the future of business and project consulting. The FPE offers various competences– from the conceptual, methodological and strategic nature to the implementation of the solutions, practical problem solving and transfer of knowledge through projects for small and medium-sized enterprises, government, local government, public sector and economy.